The Matte Lip How-to
I have always been a lipstick kind of gal, and every season I look forward to the new trends that sweep the runways. A great bold lip can really change your whole look and adds an instant chic factor if done well. Instead of running out to buy the latest new it-beauty item, we’ll show you how to achieve the look without leaving the comfort of your Lululemons.
1. Start out with clean, dry lips.
Tip: Right after you wash your face and before applying any make up, apply a coat of your favourite lip balm and wipe off just before you begin with this look. Do everything and leave your lips to last. That way your lips will be soft, moisturized and not flaky when the time comes to apply the lip colour.
2. Line lips with a liner brush or pencil using the same colour as the lipstick you have chosen to work with.
3. Fill in with lip colour, staying within your lip line the best you can.
Tip: with bolder colours you have to be more careful when applying so the colour won’t bleed or fray. Gloss is far more forgiving than matte lip colour.
4. Dust a loose translucent powder over your lips. Blot the powder into your lips with a brush.
5. Clean up the edges and make sure you didn’t get any colour on your skin.
OPTIONAL: Add a highlighter (light concealer to the bow of your lips to add more definition and fullness).
Applause to our awesome team for putting this shoot together!beauty how to, beauty trends, make-up