Patti’s Five Holiday Beauty Essentials
1. Volumizing hairspray with hold: When you’re having a good hair day, you’ll automatically have a good day – no, you’ll have a great day! Why? Because you’ll feel ten times more confident. A reliable product that I swear by is Big Sexy Hair’s Spray & Play – after styling my hair, I set my hair with this hairspray and it makes my hair appear fuller with it’s volumizing formula and it gives the right amount of hold without feeling crunchy. I highly recommend this product especially for the upcoming holiday events that you will be attending as this hairspray will guarantee that you’ll have great hair all day. A budget-friendly option that gives similar results is Tresseme’s Tres Two hairspray.
2. Sparkly glitter nail polish: Holiday parties are all about mingling and fun group conversations – let your nails be the conversation starter. We usually speak with our hands so why not get festive and get your nails all bling-ed out with a stunning gold or silver glitter polish that would sparkle every time you move your hands! Love Essie’s Belugaria Encrusted Treasures Collection right now! Any of the nail polishes in this collection would be perfect for the holidays! I’m currently wearing “Ignite the night” which has a sheer grey base and super sparkly, multidimensional silver glitter that applies opaque in three coats. Sally Hansen’s “Glitz Gal” from the Gem Crush Collection is just as gorge!
3. Waterproof/smudgeproof black eyeliner: Every woman of “makeup-age” needs a perfect black eyeliner that won’t smear on them while laughing (and crying) so hard from a really funny conversation at a party. Trust me when I say that Stila’s Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner in “Stingray” never transferred on my eyelids once – ever. It also has a very true black pigment, it’s a matte black that doesn’t look blue or green at the end of the night. Definitely a holiday beauty must-have. You can also try NYX Slide On Waterproof Eyeliner in “Jet Black”- another great waterproof eyeliner that won’t bleed on your eyelids while you’re out having fun.
4. Bold lips: A deep pinky-red lip colour like NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in “Dragon Girl” would be so good for a holiday party! This colour goes with most colour combinations but would look best with very minimal eye and cheek makeup. It also has a hydrating matte formula that helps the colour stay on your lips while sipping on cocktails or while noshing on holiday hor d’oeuvres. And if you’re more into a rich satin finish, I highly suggest Topshop’s Lipstick in “Screen Siren”, another gorgeous pinky-red.
5. Makeup Setting Spray: A makeup setting spray like Urban Decay’s All-Nighter, is kind of mandatory for special events as it locks your make-up in place the entire day. With just a few spritz, touching up your makeup will be totally unnecessary. You can dance all night and your makeup will honestly stay on and look fresh until you actually have to wash your face before bed. This product is on the pricer side, but you can purchase the travel size for a significantly lower price or you can also try ELF Makeup Mist & Set – this works just as great!beauty, beauty essentials, beauty musthaves, bold lips, essie, eyeliner, glitter nails, hair products, holiday, holiday beauty, holiday nails, lipstick, makeup, nails, NARS, stylust beauty, urban decay, waterproof makeup